Sunday, July 27, 2014

Surf's Up!

I live in Montana, so obviously the surf is not literally up. I did, however, get a chance to experience some of the bold colors, fruity tastes, and refreshing scents of summer thanks to the Influenster Surf's Up Vox Box. If you'd like to see me unboxing the #SurfsUpVoxBox, you can go to my YouTube Channel and check it out here: Surf's Up!

I'll start with the Jamba Juice Smoothie Kits. These retail for $2.99-$3.49 each and come in a wide variety of flavors, including green smoothies. I'm a fruit smoothie junkie, so I went with Caribbean Passion and Strawberries Wild. One was free, the other was a coupon for $1.00 off. Looks good, doesn't it? It was. All I had to do was add a bit of apple juice and blend...that's it! Moments later I was sitting back enjoying a nice, cold smoothie. These smoothies contain fruit and yogurt, so they have one full serving of fruit and 100% of your daily vitamin C! They are also fat-free and gluten-free. You can check them out on their Facebook Page and then go try a smoothie and let me know what you think of it!

Next up is the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Lotion. 2 oz retails for about $2.99 and 8 oz retails for about $8.99. This wonderful stuff contains both ribbons of gel and lotion to leave your skin feeling so refreshed after a day in the sun. The first thing I noticed about this stuff was the absolutely amazing scent! I felt like I had been transported to a wonderful island somewhere. It truly is amazing. The next thing...it's light. It's not like other lotions that make you feel icky or sticky. It goes on light and smooth. It truly is perfect for those warm summer days. You can visit their Facebook Page as well.

Next up is the First Aid Shot Therapy. It retails for $2.99. "FAST" is a liquid pain relief shot that you drink, kind of like those energy shots, only with pain relief. It is FDA compliant, so no worries there. I personally thought the flavor was a bit intense, but the pain relief was definitely there and it worked fast on my headache (which is what I ended up using it for). I was keeping it in my gym bag for that post workout pain relief, but used it before then. You can follow them on Facebook too.

Next up is SinfulColors Professional Nail Polish. You can find this at your local Walgreens for just $1.99. I received this lovely teal color complimentary, but there is a HUGE variety of colors to choose from, so there really is something to match any mood or any occasion. I love how bold this color is. Actually, I may have gotten slightly addicted and I went out and purchased a few (5) more colors for myself. I've been having fun changing them up every week. I'm sure I'll eventually have quite the collection. They've turned me into an addict, which is my only warning: These nail polishes are addictive! SinfulColors is formaldehyde, toluene, and DBP free. Plus, they never test on animals! You can follow their Facebook Page too for updates on new colors.


Last up, I received Covergirl's Bombshell Curvaceous by LashBlast Mascara. This retails for $9.49 - $11.99. This little package comes with TWO brushes and TWO formulas for volume, curl, and dramatic intensity...and it works! This mascara works just like a waterproof mascara for long lasting use, so be sure to use an oil-based makeup remover at the end of your day! I love the dramatic look of this mascara and it will definitely become a permanent part of my makeup bag. You can check out their Facebook Page for inspiration!

If you'd like to see more photos of the items in the #SurfsUpVoxBox, go check out my Pinterest Profile and look for the SurfsUp Board!

If you are interested in becoming an Influenster, leave me a comment or message me and I'll send you an invite!

Thanks for checking out the #SurfsUpVoxBox with me! Have a GREAT summer!

No comments: