Monday, August 12, 2013

My Life in 250 Words (or less)

Me: Kindergarten
Wasn't I adorable??
I found some blog ideas online, including a blog per day challenge over at Story of My Life. It was a challenge for May, but I suppose the month doesn’t really matter. I can’t promise to blog daily, but I can go through the challenges. The first day is to tell the story of your life in 250 words or less. That IS a challenge, but I suppose I shall give it a try:
*************
I was once asked, “Who are you?” My answer was one I assume most people would give. I am a mother, a wife, a student, a daughter, a lover of animals, an advocate for children, and many other “hats” I wear. I was told that was an incorrect answer, but I was not told what the answer should be, only that I would know when I had the answer. That left me feeling incredibly frustrated and I still don’t have that mysterious answer.
I can tell you that my name is Shannon Marie McMillan. I’m 37 years old. I’ve been married to my better half for 15 years and we have two boys, Jaden and Jordan. We live in Montana, which I’ve just recently grown to love, and we have an adorable, yet mischievous cat named Ziva. Before this marriage, I was married two other times. I’ve had two other children. One is now 18 and married. The other is in my heart forever. I was born in Florida. I am the eldest of my two sisters, but have four older half-siblings. My childhood was mostly traumatic peppered with good memories. I was abused in many ways and loved in many others. I’ve learned a lot from my experiences and I strive each day to find a way to help others using that knowledge.
My life has been complicated, rough, educational, and passionate; a lifetime of many lifetimes. It deserves more than 250 words to be certain.
*************
There you have it, in 247 words. I imagine I’ll expand later on. It is my intention, at some point, to write a memoir. We’ll see how that goes.

Could you write about your life in 250 words or less? 

No comments: