Friday, August 2, 2013

Currently...

This is my current Facebook profile photo on my personal page. I was asked what this picture represented. It was one of those that came across my Facebook feed, but it spoke to me, so I kept it. A girl holding a book that is burning. How could that possibly speak to me? Well, the meaning behind it, for me, is this: I have a Memoir that I want to write about my life. When I write the book, I want to burn the first copy. The reason is because it will be a literal and figurative way to letting go of my past permanently. While I don't typically advocate burning books (I LOVE to read) this is the one exception because I really do feel like it would be a cleansing moment for me. So I use the photo to remind me of that goal...the goal of letting go of the past mistakes to focus on the present. 

This blog post is pinched from my friend Kellie over at Give a Girl a Blog. You should go check her out. She's super cool and super creative, plus she updates her blog more frequently than I do. 

Getting on with it...

LOVING... I'm loving learning how to dye and spin my own yarn! I'm currently using a drop spindle and I'm so happy with the results. You can see them on my Facebook Fan Page if you want to look at all of them. It all started by joining a few fiber groups on Facebook and it just sort of ballooned from purchasing fibers from other wonderful artists to wondering what I could create myself. I am happy with the results so far! 


READING... I am currently reading and working through The Magic by Rhonda Byrne. I already watched the documentary and this just seemed to be the right thing for now. What I can say is that it is really helping me realize what I have in my life that I can be grateful for and is helping me view my days in a positive light. I highly recommend it. I find some chapters more challenging than others, but usually figure out a way to work with them.  

WATCHING... All of my typical favorite shows are offline for the summer, so I am currently watching my Summer favorites which include Rookie Blue, Hell's Kitchen, and Master Chef. Otherwise we watch the occasional movie. My husband and I recently decided to start showing our children movies from our childhood. Up first: The Sound of Music. They loved it!

ANTICIPATING...I am anticipating spinning up some new fibers I have been holding on to and then deciding what I will make with them. I am also anticipating learning Tunisian Crochet!  

LISTENING TO... 


I have been replaying Just Give Me A Reason over and over and over and over. I am also listening to The Lacs, Blake Shelton, and of course, Maroon 5.  

PLANNING... I have been planning what classes I'll be taking at school this fall and trying to get my book list together. Okay, I've been procrastinating with the book list.   

WORKING ON... I am working on a spinning a few batts of this lovely pink and silver yarn. Yummy! 

SET BACKS... I was working around the yard last year and managed to severely sprain my ankle for the second time in my life. It didn't get better as they said it would, so I had to go in for an MRI. It turns out I have a torn ligament, a torn tendon, and arthritis in that ankle. So, moving around is a challenge and they are recommending that I wear a boot. It's making the hiking I had planned for the summer a bit of a challenge for sure. 

WISHING... I wish I could get my most recent tattoo touched up. It faded pretty bad, but my tattoo guy moved down to Georgia. Finding a new one is no fun. I wish I could get a spinning wheel because evidently they are quite a bit faster than the drop spindle.  

Well...I think I've done good by this one. Maybe I can come up with more topics and do another one of these soon. If there's a blog post you want to see, I'm happy to hear about it too! Thanks for reading!

No comments: