Monday, July 22, 2013

A Poem to a Mother from Her Son

Following is a poem my now 13-year old son wrote for me just a couple of weeks ago. I asked his permission to share it, and he said yes.
.................................................
You are an amazing mother
You are a dragon
You wonder about many things
You hear me when I speak
You see me as who I am
You want me to succeed in life
You are an amazing mother.

You are a cat
You dream about many things
You feel happy about your family
You worry about me
You cry about hurt animals
You are an amazing mother.

You are a dragon
You understand me
You say what you want to say
You expect me to try hard
You hope that I succeed
You are an amazing mother.

Thank you for what you have given me!!
~By Jaden McMillan
2013
............................................................

The dragon reference is because I was born in the year of the Dragon in the Chinese Zodiac. The cat reference is because it is one of my favorite animals and the animal I would choose to be if I could be any animal.