Thursday, January 12, 2012

Custom Orders

Making jewelry is a lot of fun. I enjoy looking at the beads and buying the ones I like, then coming up with a pretty way to put them together to create a piece that I enjoy. Sometimes, I sell those pieces. A lot of the time, someone will see something I've made and want something a different color or length. Special orders are always welcome and they present a challenge to me. I want them to be perfect, but for that to happen, I somehow have to combine the customer's wants with an artistic vision to create something perfect just for them. I stress about it quite a bit, but in the end, I haven't had anyone be disappointed yet. I hope I can keep it that way for many years to come. My heart smiles when a custom order is shown or delivered and the recipient is absolutely thrilled with the results. I've had two such orders recently and I wanted to share them here with you.

This special order was for a friend who wanted a gift for her BFF. It is a Breast Cancer Awareness set.
I knew I wanted to convey a couple of things in this piece. One, of course, was the breast cancer awareness part. The other was love. My customer genuinely loves her BFF and I wanted her BFF to feel that when she received the gift. The hearts added that special tough to it and I was able to find an awareness ribbon with a heart too. I was very pleased with how this set turned out and even more so when my friend saw it and decided it was perfect!
This other set is a bracelet and necklace set for a special friend who just so happens to love horses and recently acquired not one, but two of them! A lifelong dream of hers! She wanted something that was turquoise and showed her love of horses. This one took a bit longer and the end product was not exactly how the idea started out, but I couldn't be happier with how it turned out:
 The photo of the necklace definitely does not do this piece justice as it was longer than my little display allowed for, so it is weighted in the back to allow for the photo. Weighting it had the effect of not allowing the different sections lay together. It looks a lot better ON a person. My friend received the set today and is in love with it, which makes me so happy!

I do think I tend to do some of my better work when it is a custom order because I am trying so hard to make it something that they will love and cherish forever. I hope you've enjoyed looking at them as much as I enjoyed making them. If you have an interest in a special order, don't hesitate to email me or convo me on Etsy!


No comments: