For the holidays, I ended up going completely handmade. I gave my Mother-in-Law a knitted scarf in pink and ivory. She loved it and says it matches her coat perfectly. SWEET! Couldn't have planned that better if I had tried! I gave my father-in-law some slippers that I traded out for a friend of mine who crochets. He loved them! I gave my sister-in-law a pink camo type scarf that was super soft. She loved it! I gave my brother-in-law a flame cozy for cans that I traded out for a friend of mine who sews. I gave my little nephew a knitted camo hat, which he intends to wear skiing. I gave my other sister-in-law a pink knitted scarf and a pair of snowman earrings. I gave my other brother-in-law a knitted bottle cozy. I gave his son an apple cozy that I knitted. My mother got a knitted scarf as well, which she calls me every day she goes outside to tell me how much she loves it. Evidently, it is very warm! The only people who didn't get a handmade gift ON Christmas were my boys. So, I decided to knit them something before the holiday was over. I managed to finish the last bit this evening! Right in time since school starts tomorrow!!!!!! Phew! Anyway, here are pictures of the boys with their new hats and scarves! I hope you enjoy. I eventually plan to add knitted items to my online shops. Meanwhile, they are available through custom order if you are interested. Simply send me a message and we'll talk about the details.
Don't forget you can still enter for our Blog Candy give away. Just click HERE.
Monday, January 3, 2011
Sunday, January 2, 2011
I got this award from Emily! Thank you Emily!
Here are the rules of the award:
1) Thank and link to the wonderful blogger that gave you this award!
2) Share 8 things about you.
1. I love knitting, it is my newest past time.
2. I also love making jewelry. I still like making paper crafts too. Anything crafty is great by me!
3. I am a full time student and I've made Dean's List every semester
4. I am a mommy of 2 wonderful boys
5. My favorite food is seafood and pasta, I LOVE Olive Garden
6. I have a collection of Teddy Bears
7. My favorite TV shows are Lie to Me, Without a Trace, and Law & Order SVU
8. I love a lot of colors, but my favorite ones tend to be blue and black. Sometimes baby pink!
3) Give the award to 8 bloggers you have just discovered
Jamie Michelle....one of my very good friends. I don't know why I didn't find your blog sooner!Jamie Michelle
The Things I Love....another one of my good friends. I really should be visiting blog sites more regularly!
The Things I Love
I was introduced to this blog through another blogger. Great stories, great points of view.
A Mother's Musing, Mishaps, & Milestones
I absolutely LOVE this blog! One of the funniest I've read in a long time and it's just nice to know that we don't all think "nice mommy thoughts" every minute of every day! I love to know I'm not alone!
Don't Come to My Circus and Try to Wear the Top Hat
Lady Guinevere's Inky Faeries
A super humorous, sometimes serious look at parenting, being a single parent, and life in general. This blog is a must read, he hits on some serious topics that I can really appreciate.
Single Dad Laughing
Everybody loves a challenge. Even if you don't, this blog is full of inspiration!
Card Makin Mamas
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the images! LOVE!
4) Contact them to tell them about their award.
Don't forget to enter for the Blog Candy while you are here! We are working toward 25 individual comments and then we'll announce a winner! Good luck!