Sunday, December 19, 2010

HandMade Holidays: Shopping for the Men

I had a pretty easy time deciding what I would do for the women in my family. But I still had to figure out what to do for the men. Out of the men in the family, only one of them spends any amount of time reading, so bookmarks aren't going to work. I've never seen any of them wear scarves either, so that probably wouldn't work. So, I turned to Artfire to see what I could find.
Here are some of the ideas I came up with so far...

For my Father-in-Law:
The first thing I found was this really cool Hand Tooled Leather Wallet featuring a fish. My father-in-law loves to fly fish, so I thought this was a really good choice. You can check it out at Lovejoycreations HERE.













I also found this really neat vintage Sakura Fishing Rod in a case. You can check it out at Rabbit Hollow Prims HERE.

















That takes care of my father-in-law. Now I need to find something for my nephew, Matthew. He is a 20-something year old college student who is into fixing cars and computers. Young adults are always challenging for me. Let's see what we can find.
I found this really neat chain maille necklace at BlackBird Maille. You can check them out HERE

















Jim, my brother-in-law, love Harley and I wanted to find him something unique along those lines. I was totally stoked when I found this awesome lamp at Chrome Sculptures. Check them out HERE.

















Next on the list is Dwight, also a brother-in-law. He is really into John Deere, so I decided to find him something that had to do with John Deere. When I see him, he is usually all comfy in a chair watching television, so I thought this throw looked rather comfy. You can check it out at Unhung Harps HERE.
















Next on the list is Bert. He is another one of those young adult types. He is more into computers and gaming. I wanted to get  him something edgy and cool. I found this really cool necklace at UnKamenGifts HERE.

















Last on the list for now is Cody, my littlest nephew. He is in middle school. They spend quite a bit of time going places and doing things, plus they live out of town. I thought that something fun to do in the car would be a good idea for Cody. I found this cool Tic Tac Toe set at Silver Garden HERE.

















Well, that covers the extended family. Now I just have my husband and two boys to get something for (or make something for). I hope you've gotten some ideas from my list here and that it makes shopping for the men in your life just a little bit easier.

No comments: