Sunday, January 3, 2010

3D Butterfly ATC Card


This card started as a challenge to make an ATC card. For those of you who don't know, ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. Evidently these are quite popular in the crafting community. Anyway, I had never made one, so I thought I'd give it a try. This first picture is the ATC. I photographed it on a black background. The butterfly is from K&Company's Amy Butler Lotus Tea Box Butterflies Die-Cut Paper. I layered two of them to create the 3D look. The antennae are made from coiled metal. I placed three rhinestones on the butterfly's body.
This next photo is the ATC after I've turned it into a card. I really just felt like this needed to be made into a card. Once the ATC challenge was completed, I did just that! I like how it turned out. It's one of my favorites and I keep it in my craft room. The doodles are done with a glitter pen.


I hope you've enjoyed seeing my card. It was one I truly enjoyed making. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: